Friday, May 9, 2008

Philinthecircle.

So as of late, I've officially become a youtube person. How? Why? It's a mystery. I don't really know how it happened really, but as evidence in my previous post, I've been watching way to many videos.

The only way I can think of to make myself feel less of a viral loser is to point out the enrichment quality of my recent giga-snacks. Improv Everywhere was kind of inspriring and thought provoking, not as much however, as my new obsession. His name is Phil Hanson.

I think that I may just name him my favorite artist of all time.

Phil creates art from unconventional mediums. Be it matches, pine cones, chewed up starbucks pastries or even 500mL of his own blood, his peices fascinate me.

A few years ago, Phil embarked on a project. Hs goal was to use unconventional art mediums every month to create a temporary work inspired by different themes.

"This is to help me be more creative and spontaneous," he said on his website. "Boodbye art means that I get rid of the piece when it is finished, usually by destroying it or letting nature destroy it."

I couldn't begin to tell you about this. Making portraits out of oreos is just something you have to see for yourself.

Observe:

http://philinthecircle.com/

No comments: